Free food supplement vouchers
Free Food Supplement Vouchers - CHRISTMAS 2022
Sheffield City Council has made a commitment to make sure that no child or young person should go hungry. We know these are particularly difficult time for families with extra costs for food and energy.
A £30 food supplement voucher will be sent to the following groups to help over the Christmas holidays:
- Families who claim income-based Free School Meals (FSM).
- Families who get income-assessed Early Years Support (2–4-Year-Olds).
- Young people leaving their care setting (Care Leavers).
SCC have again worked with Edenred, the company who managed the Free School Meals vouchers previously. They have produced a unique code for every student eligible, which will be for a £30 food voucher for Christmas 2022.
If you qualify you will receive a letter for the council containing your unique code.
- As before, parents/carers need to go to the following website to redeem their vouchers - www.selectyourcompliment.co.uk/grocery
- Enter their unique 16-digit e-Code and select their chosen supermarket. Edenred give them a choice of 10 supermarkets: Aldi, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, M&S, McColl’s, Company Shop, Iceland and Farmfoods.
- Parents/carers can download their vouchers for more than one supermarket. For example, £15 for Aldi and £15 for Asda.
- The downloaded E-Gift Card/Voucher will arrive by email within 24 hours. If they cannot find this, they should check their Junk/Spam folder
Please note that codes need to be activated within 3 months or they will be cancelled. Once they have claimed their voucher on the Edenred website the voucher will be valid for 12 months.
For help to download your voucher watch the video below:
The YouTube link is - https://youtu.be/RFS6R_s7ngQ
The Cloud video download link is:
(Please note you need to open this in Chrome browser to download)
Where can families get further help with the vouchers?
- The FSM voucher helpline will be available on 0114 2734567, option 4, option 3, and can offer help to parents experiencing difficulties with their e-Codes or with general FSM enquiries.
- Parents/carers can also contact Edenred directly with an enquiry about an eCode or voucher at email@example.com or telephone 0333 400 5932.
If you are facing financial hardship, there is free advice and support available at www.citizensadvicesheffield.org.uk or they can call on 0808 278 7820 or find further information at: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/benefits/help-money-issues
Additional support can also be found via Sheffield City Council’s Community Support Helpline on 0114 273 4567 or at: www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/benefits/help-money-issues